Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Upstairs on the Square


Upstairs on the Square
91 Winthrop Street Cambridge, MA 02138

If I could only choose one restaurant to dine in for the rest of my life, on a regular basis, it would be Upstairs on the Square. I fall a little more in love with this place each time I go there. It first started as a great double date spot, then my roommate and I made it our traditional spot to hit up during both Restaurant Weeks in Boston and now it's just become a staple. It was love at first sight, truly. Walking in the door here takes you to a different place entirely. It has a very elegant 'Alice in Wonderland' thing going on. I will tell you that before I even tasted a morsel of food from Upstairs on the Square, I was already 100% enamored with the atmosphere. I cannot say enough about the Soiree Room (upstairs) if you have the chance, check it out on the way to the bathroom, as there are always private events going on in there. Ok, enough about the scenery. The food is out of this world. Their farmhouse cheddar grilled cheese and tomato soup serves as a wonderful appetizer and the swordfish is amazing. I honestly cannot say enough about this place - you have to try it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment